We started back in May 6, 2015 - we deconstructed the old bathtub, cut it up, and threw it out.

The tub had a good crack in the bottom of it, and as it turned out, it had been leaking on to the subfloor below it. Nothing major in terms of damage - most of the water had been soaked up by the wood in the bathtub construction. We bought a replacement tub, installed it, had a plumbing leak, had help fixing it, installed tile, realised we installed tile incorrectly, took it all down... and there it sat for a while.

COVID-19 hit, and I was able to work from home. The kids were using the basement for their classroom, Holly needed space to run the house, so I took over the "walk-in" closet in the bedroom. It was small, but it worked.

We got help from a designer, who helped us make a new plan for the space, and we found a contractor that would help us out.

Closet / office wrapped up pretty early on, but the bathroom carried on while we picked and had tile installed, picked and had a shower installed, and so on.

February 6, 2021 - 2103 days, or 5 years 9 months and 0 days, the bathroom is usable again.

Bathroom Picutre